Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Care Package for Hope

After receiving Hope's referral, we knew we wanted to send her a care package. She's too young to understand everything that's going on, but I'm hopeful that we can provide her with a couple of transitional items. Another adopting mother recommended that I use a site called "Lady Bugs 'n Love". I was able to choose what I wanted in the care package and they put it together. The care package is assembled in China and then delivered to the child. I composed a letter for Hope that they translated and included with the care package. Here's a picture that "Lady Bugs 'n Love" e-mailed me of the specific care package they put together for Hope:



The treats are for Hope's foster family. There is also a little photo album. We were able to e-mail pictures of our family to "Lady Bugs 'n Love" and they put them in the album and labeled each picture in Chinese so her foster family can go through the album with her. A disposable camera is also included. We are hoping that Hope's foster family will take pictures of her in her familiar surroundings. We will hopefully get the camera back when we get Hope. Finally, we included a little doll.

We also sent money to the orphanage for them to get Hope a birthday cake. Her birthday was in January, so we're obviously late. However, when an adopting family sends money to the orphanage for a birthday cake, the orphanage is supposed to provide proof that the money was spent on what it was intended for. So, quite often, a picture will be taken and then sent to the adopting family. We are very hopeful that by ordering a cake, we can get a picture of Hope with her foster family enjoying the cake. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we can get an updated picture of Hope. I think about her all the time and wonder what she looks like since the only pictures I have of her are when she was 10 months old (she's now 16 months old). I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. What a really great idea to begin connecting with her in her culture! I can't wait to meet her and it gives me chills to think of how your family will be so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, it is so fun to read your families journey. Thank you for sharing it. I just wanted you to know I am a fan. (:

    ReplyDelete