Friday, May 14, 2010

No Stealing and new Paint

Yesterday afternoon, Micah (age 6) got out paper and crayons and started working diligently on a picture. This is nothing new. He and Samuel make daily creations. However, this time the subject matter was different. Usually his pictures are of some type of sporting event. Not this time. Here is what he made:



If you can't make it out, it says, "No Allowed Stealing". He also drew a picture of a man stealing a clock and a book and then crossed it out. He taped it to the door that leads from our garage to our mudroom. It cracked me up!

Also, for Mother's Day I asked Mike to paint two accent walls for me in our great room. It was a fairly big undertaking since it's a 2 story room. But, what made it do-able is that we are having crown molding installed, so Mike didn't have to go all the way to the ceiling. I had a professional recommend the color. I was nervous at first, but now that it's done, I LOVE it!!



The room had been all khaki and we added the chocolate color. It was one of the many things I wanted to get done before we go to China. I know life will be crazy when we get home, so we are trying to get some projects done in these last few weeks before we go get our little honey!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Came across your blog and saw that you got your match the same day that we did! How neat is that! Our little one is also from the Waiting Child program. We have our PA, but not our LOA yet, so seeing you have yours gives me hope it will be soon! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete