Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's Official

Our first overnight with Hope went very well. I wasn't sure what to expect, as we have heard of other families who have had very difficult times. I followed the nanny's instructions and everything went great. I fed her a bottle at 9pm and laid her down to bed in between Mike and I. It took her about an hour to fall asleep. She only woke up once in the night and cried for about 10 minutes. It made me so sad because I know she's confused and missing her foster family. After that, she slept straight until 8am!!! Those of you who know our family, know that our boys are very early risers, so 8am felt miraculous. We headed to breakfast and then our guide picked us up and drove us back to the Civil Affairs office. Hope cried for a good portion of the hour long car ride, but she was fine once we arrived. The trip to Civil Affairs was very significant because we signed the paperwork which makes Hope legally our daughter. I included the picture of Hope marking the paperwork with her footprint. Although she is legally ours, we need to remain in China for another 12 days in order to get her passport and visa. I hope you enjoy the pictures.


9 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I'm so glad her first night went well! I'm loving your updates!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the great pictures. I'm so glad everything has gone so well. I've been thinking about you guys a lot! Love, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! It's official!! She is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for a great nights sleep! What an answer to prayer. Don't be surprised if she has trouble in Guangzhou. Emma slept great in the province but once we flew to the White Swan it was really hard. We will continue to pray that Hope will do great. Such a blessing.

    Emma said, "she is getting her foot all red like me." so fun.

    Love you guys! Soak it up!
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't know me, but I am friends with Ellen Barnett Bugler. I saw her post on Facebook about a friend picking up her little girl in China and hopped over to your blog to take a look. Congrats! She is beautiful! We are also in the adoption process, adopting a special needs boy from China. We have a date to be fingerprinted in July and then hope to have our Dossier mailed in. It is so exciting and encouraging to read your story. We will pray that rest of your stay in China is smooth and fun. Thanks for sharing!

    Anne
    http://thegravesfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so sweet! Glad to hear things went well for you all on your first night! 8AM sounds like heaven....I have a bunch of early risers as well:0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy the first night went well! We'll pray for continued good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very glad to hear that it all went well! Congratulations on making it official!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sarah, she is absolutely adorable! So glad everything is going well this far. We'll continue to keep your family in our prayers. Praying that you'll have a smooth transition with your other kids in a few weeks too.

    ReplyDelete