Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One Week From Today

One week from today, Mike and I will board a plane headed to Beijing. We will spend two days in Beijing and then fly to Wuhan to meet our little girl. I am filled with so many different emotions ranging from pure excitement to fear. It's very hard to think about leaving my older three kids for 18 days, but at the same time I am so anxious to finally hold Hope. I also feel like I'm running on pure adrenaline right now. Mike is swamped at work and we are swamped with paperwork at home. But the end is in sight and we know that all of this craziness will be worth it!!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah ~ I can remember being one week away from our travel date and wondering how I would get everything done to leave home for what could've been a couple months. We didn't have the logistics of kids either. I couldn't be more excited for you. I was scared to death the entire time we were there, but like you said, it will be all so worth it once you are all home and together as a family. My only suggestion is to bring lots of reading material (in english..lol), toilet paper and a bath towel....three things I would've killed for on our trip, but I'm sure China is way different. It's all so exciting. You will get it all done and be ready to go when the time comes, but don't forget to try to enjoy this time too, it's one of those once in a lifetime memories for sure. Praying you have safe travels and the journey of a lifetime to bring Hope home. God Bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in our prayers....looks like you have covered all of the bases...sit back and enjoy the game which now includes "little Hope".

    ReplyDelete