Saturday, June 12, 2010

Let's Go Fishing!!



This morning, Mike took the kids fishing so I could get some adoption stuff done. We have never been much of a fishing family. It started back in May when Samuel had a fishing field trip scheduled. A storm rolled through on that day and the field trip was canceled. In order to make it up to Samuel, Mike took the boys fishing last weekend. They had so much fun that they went again today (and included Mary Kate this time) and stayed out for 3 1/2 hours. That's quite an accomplishment when you consider that our kids are still 6, 5 and 3! So, what did I do while Mike and the kids fished?? I created an 11 page Childcare Manual, complete with a table of contents. We will have several different people in our home, taking care of the kids while we are gone. So, I typed up a manual and e-mailed it off to everybody. It feels good to have that taken care of. We still have a lot more work to do before we leave next Wednesday, but it's nice to see that things are starting to come together.

1 comment:

  1. My question has nothing to do with the adoption... I would like to know where Mike took them fishing :)

    Hopefully I will get to hear an adoption update at small group.

    ReplyDelete