Sunday, July 18, 2010

18 Months Old





Hope turned 18 months old on Friday. I was able to snap a couple of pictures. I have found that if I place her on the edge of the porch, she's not sure how to get off and I can get a couple of pictures before she gets too agitated. I have forgotten what a game it can be to take pictures of a toddler.

Our transition home continues to go well. We have been blessed with some delicious meals, which have definitely helped as I continue to get used to our new normal. Hope also seems to be adjusting well. We finally made the decision to transfer her out of our bed. Mike put the pack 'n play right next to my side of the bed. I laid her in there for her nap and laid next to her with my arm in the pack 'n play while she worked herself to sleep. It seemed to work OK. We are excited at the thought of no longer sharing our bed with a toddler who sleeps sideways and kicks in her sleep. On the other hand, we know that co-sleeping is very good for attachment, which is why we decided to still keep her very close to us at night, just not in the same bed.

Yesterday Hope was diagnosed with her second ear infection since we have had her. I also took her to a clinic while we were in China and had her treated for an ear infection. In the research I did before leaving for China, I learned that many (possibly most) cleft-affected kids suffer from chronic ear infections until they are able to get tubes in their ears. We will be getting into an ENT ASAP, but until then, I'm thinking she may have to be on antibiotics to take care of this issue. She is in better spirits today than yesterday, which is a good thing for all of us.

3 comments:

  1. So fun to see pictures! Glad the transition is going well. It's exciting to see how God has brought your family so far:) Praying for Hope's ear infections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hope!! Glad things are still going well. Great idea with the pack and play. Better to ease her into things. Thanks for your donation! You guys are awesome! We leave 2 weeks from today! AHHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! I love following your story.

    ReplyDelete