Thursday, July 1, 2010

Leaving Wuhan

It is Friday morning in China and today we are leaving Wuhan. Sadly, Mike has already left to go back to the States. I know that our older three children are thrilled that they will be seeing daddy again soon. Also, Mike will be able to work next week so that he can take off of work our first week home with Hope. I really wish that Hope and I could just leave with him and reunite with our children together. As I'm sure you can imagine, spending 18 days away from the older children is very hard on me. Thank goodness for Skype!

Today, my parents, Hope and I will go back to the Civil Affairs office to pick up Hope's passport. Then we will fly to Guangzhou, which is in southern China. That is where the U.S. Consulate is located. Hope will receive a physical examination and we will apply for her U.S. visa. At that point we will need to wait for our consulate appointment and for Hope's visa before we are free to leave. Hope will become a U.S. citizen the moment our airplane touches American soil.

I am attaching pictures from our last full day in Wuhan. We went to a museum and saw a traditional bell concert. Then we went to a river walk along the Yangtze River, which is the third longest river in the world. Only the Amazon and Nile rivers are longer.

The next time you hear from me will be from Guangzhou. Hope and I will be one step closer to coming home!!





3 comments:

  1. Praying that everything goes well for you, Hope and your parents this last week in China. Every time I check the blog and show the kids the pictures, Esther says, "Awww, she's so cute!" We can't wait to meet her in person. Looking forward to hanging out with the other 3 tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh being away from our kids can be so very hard! And to have your husband gone must be difficult as well:( You are right though....you are almost home:0) One last stop of a few days and you will reunite with the rest of your family and your journey with Hope truly begins! Thanks again for sharing your story. It's been so amazing to see Wuhan only 10 days before we get there!!!
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us posted! I really love following along on your journey. She is a sweetheart and we pray for a safe trip home and a happy transition. Looking forward to seeing all of you!

    ReplyDelete