Saturday, July 31, 2010

Girl's Weekend

Hope was kissing herself in the mirror

Getting her hair cut

All done

At the mall play area

Mary Kate standing on an egg

Hope is floating in the bowl of cereal

Time to slide down the bacon


Mike and the boys headed to Wisconsin for the weekend to see one of his brother's get ordained. It would have been nice for all of us to go, but I knew it had the potential to be confusing to Hope, and, as I've mentioned before, Hope is NOT a good traveler. So, the girls and I stayed home and I declared it a Girl's Weekend. On Friday night I gave the girls baths and I told Mary Kate I would blow dry her hair for the first time if she wanted. She decided she wanted me to do it, so after her bath, she sat on my lap and I blew her hair dry. Hope decided that she didn't want to be left out, so when Mary Kate was finished, Hope sat in my lap and cocked her head to the side to let me know that she wanted her hair dryed too. It was so cute.

On Saturday morning, Mary Kate and I took Hope to the "beauty parlor" to have her hair trimmed. It was pretty uneven in the back, so I wanted it trimmed in the back so it will come in nicer. Hope was a CHAMP at the "beauty parlor". It's a place that specializes in kid's haircuts and they do it right (and fast). After that, the girls and I went to the mall to do a little shopping and to play, of course. This was a great place for Hope to practice being a little more adventurous with her gross motor skills. She does not seem to have great coordination, although our pediatrician thinks that may get better once we have the tubes put in her ears. Overall, it was a pretty good Girl's Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment