Friday, July 9, 2010

Change of Plans

Mike has convinced me to fly all the way home. Apparently some of you are wanting to greet us at the airport and meet Hope. That obviously would not work if I only flew as far as Detroit. If you are wanting to meet us at the airport, you can contact Mike for the flight information. I can tell you that our flight is scheduled to land at 2:42pm on Sunday afternoon.

On a different note, I had a funny incident happen last night. My hotel room has two twin beds and a crib. I do not put Hope to bed in the crib. She has never slept in a crib before (she co-slept with her foster mother) and I'm not going to force her into an isolating sleeping arrangement at a critical point in our attachment process. Our hotel room in Wuhan had a king size bed, so we all slept together in that bed. My hotel here has two twin beds. I lay with Hope until she falls asleep, but she usually ends up sleeping sideways, so once she's asleep, I transfer myself to the other twin bed (my parents have a separate hotel room). At around 3:30am, I woke up. I looked at Hope's bed and it looked empty. So I got out of bed to look closer. Sure enough, it was empty. I went into the bathroom and found her playing in there (I leave a small light on in the bathroom for middle of the night trips). She has never done anything like that before. She's a pretty heavy sleeper. Well, I brought her back to bed and laid with her until she fell asleep again. I decided I better stay in her bed for the rest of the night, just in case. This morning when I got up to go to the bathroom, I noticed that the only two hair rubberbands that I brought for myself were in the toilet. Thanks, Hope. :) I'm thankful she didn't get her hands on my wedding ring.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! That is so cute. It's sort of cool that she felt comfortable enough to just get up and go play. Hope you can find some more hairholders before you make the trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!! That's a cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that she felt confident to leave the bed!

    You will be so glad that you flew to GR. When we brought Emma home, our final flight from Chicago to GR was cancelled and they said they might be able to get us out the next morning. We ended up renting a car and driving home. We didn't get home until 3am but my family was there to greet us. I still really regret not having that incredible welcome home at the airport. Wish we would have flown in the next morning for the party.

    I am praying for you now as you are flying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the flight home went well. I was at a baby shower for Nathan's Sarah this afternoon so I missed your welcome home at the airport. I will call soon after you get your bearings to check in, but please know we have been thinking about you and praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Home!!! Sorry I wasn't able to be at the airport. We were still driving home from Traverse City. Dustin had a camp that ended today. I hope your travels went well and that the family can have a smooth adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home!! I hope u will have time to answer a couple questions I have. I will email u!! We bought our tickets Wednesday, we leave July 29!!! I'm guessing u r very happy to b home!!! Now u can hopefully swing into a good schedule!

    ReplyDelete