Saturday, July 3, 2010

Guangzhou

After a very rough day yesterday, my parents and Hope and I have arrived in Guangzhou. We have learned that Hope doesn't travel well and yesterday was a travel day. The airplane ride was unbelievably difficult, but we arrived. Our guide met us at the airport and we traveled by van for 40 minutes to the hotel. Hope did OK at first, but then she started screaming again. Our poor guide had just met me and all I could do was cry. It had been a stressful day.

On a bright note, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief upon entering Guangzhou. We are staying in the famous White Swan hotel, which is the hotel almost every adopting family in China stays. The entire area caters to adopting families and there is so much to do and see. We are also back with the other families whom we haven't seen since Beijing. I don't think I realized how isolated I felt in Wuhan until I was able to reconnect with families. It has been a relief.

This morning Hope had her physical. The experience was similar to the airplane ride. Not good. Boy, can that girl scream. It was so bad, that they actually took us out of line and put us in our own room so that her physical could be over. She fell asleep after that and she's been much better since. We took her to the playroom in the White Swan Hotel and she had a great time!!!





3 comments:

  1. Oh that's rough! I have heard the White Swan is lovely:0) We will be praying for your long flight home with your sweet Hope!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a fighter alright. Imagine being that little and taking on all the giants in the room. Hug her once for me please.
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! So exciting to follow you on your journey to adopt Hope:o). We are praying for you all, as you travel, adjust and bond. My mom works for Bethany Adoptions and says that in her experience in placing babies/children & following up with families - those who cry more are the ones who have learned to bond and know what it means to trust - that it is heartbreaking and beneficial all at once. We are praying this is the case with Hope:o), and her bond with you, Mike and your older 3 will be deep and trusting!

    ReplyDelete