Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July

Despite the fact that we are not in the USA, I still dressed up Hope for the holiday. It's a little outfit I bought for Mary Kate two summers ago. I was nervous it wouldn't fit Hope because she is such a chunky monkey, but it does.

Last night we went out for dinner with another couple and their baby. We stumbled across a French restaurant in a train car. It was really quaint and the food was great. It was nice to take a break from Chinese food.

This morning we took an optional tour to a Buddhist Temple and some other sites in Guangzhou. Hope did great until the end. She was ready to get back to the hotel and sleep. She has been sleeping like a rock since. Later this afternoon, I will be spending about 1 1/2 hours with my travel group filling out all of the documents necessary for Hope's visa. I am looking forward to the day when I am finished with all of the crazy paperwork!!!




5 comments:

  1. I love the new photos!! Matt and I have really enjoyed following your story. Hope is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you'll be home in a week! Thanks for updating so often, I love all of the pictures. She is such a beautiful little girl! I'll be praying for the trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutey! She looks adorable in her red,white and blue dress. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    I tried to post several days ago, but it never took my comment. Anyway, I have been following right along, and am thrilled for you and your family! And I am so excited to actually get to see Hope. She is just adorable! And I read a previous comment that the crying is good, and a book that I just read about attachment, said the exact same thing, that the ability to express sadness, is a good thing, or frustration, and it is when they don't do anything, that you need to be concerned....so this is good, but never easy, I know!! Be encouraged sister, God is with you and for you in this! So admire your beautiful family!! Love to you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    Just in case you didn't know which Julie...it is me...Julie Zilkie!!

    ReplyDelete