Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Visa Appointment

Today was Hope's visa appointment day with the U.S. Consulate. Thankfully, we did not have to attend the appointment in person. Two representatives from our adoption agency were able to go on our behalf. My job was to stay in my hotel room in case there were questions with my paperwork and the representatives needed to call me. I just received the phone call from my rep saying that there had been no questions with the paperwork and we are good to go. It is Wednesday afternoon here and the visa will be ready for us to pick up on Friday afternoon. We will fly to Hong Kong on Saturday morning and then fly home on Sunday morning at 9:15am (which is Saturday night at 9:15pm Easter Time). The flight is a direct flight from Hong Kong to Detroit. The original plan was that I would continue on from Detroit and fly all the way home, arriving at our local airport on Sunday afternoon. However, after our last disastrous plane ride with Hope, I will only be flying as far as Detroit. Mike will pick us up in Detroit so that I don't have to suffer through one more flight. Hope will probably scream the whole way home from Detroit in our car (have I mentioned that she doesn't travel well), but at least I don't have to "manage" her. She will be strapped in her car seat and she can scream to her heart's content. I'm sure it will be music to my ears since I will have Mike at my side and I will only be a couple of hours away from seeing the rest of my kids. Sunday can't get here soon enough!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the zoo photos! So glad the visa application went well (Matt will be happy to hear that). Safe travels as you make your way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember what it is like to travel with screaming little ones, so I will definitely be praying for you! I pray that Hope will surprise you and that your traveling will go very smoothly and quickly. Good luck on your final leg of this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I can feel your anxiousness and wish I could make time fly.....so I will say a prayer instead. God bless, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete